Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

♥ Playtime ♥

4 looks a little pale in the last photo......almost looks a #3, but the other photos she looks a 4. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1651 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

It was good! the hubby and I stayed here in Cali, all our family is in CT, so it was a lovely time of just laid back doing nothing. He is the one who bought me Simone for Christmas * adore her.

Question- fashion seems to be sewn on her? How to proceed?

The little one is a Christmas Kelly. I have a pic of her package I'll post. Kira and Pierre's foster child:) She is so cute!

What did you do?

I love the #3, 4 whoever she is. It was a bold direction but I am so pleased with how unique she is. An old Barbie Bazaar with a rerooted in yarn, Superstar gave me the idea.
Message 1652 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Did anyone get any dolls? I also got Dream Date PJ who I had already but this one is in the box 🙂
Message 1653 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

The My Size dolls look like a lot of fun!
Message 1654 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Yes, we had a nice, quiet Christmas.  Sooo relaxing.  Like you, all our relatives are far away.  Went to see the new hobbit movie in the afternoon.  I'm a Hobbit nut, so I liked it.

You know, I never even paid attention to the outfit when i deboxed Simone.  I will have to take a look at how well it is sewn on.  I have had to remove a few other sewn on outfits by getting to the stitched seam and just taking it apart enough to remove the outfit.  I imagine one could then put snaps in or hooks after the careful removal. (I have a few I need to do that with but don't ever have the time to go back and then it just remains undone).

New dolls?  Hahaha!  Got a Monster High for Christmas.  I love Cleo de Nile.  I also found a cute Christie AA (Shani head mold)at the flea market.  She has the old type multi-hinged body, so is very poseable.  I loved her cute face!  Her hair is the very soft kind and very long; down to the back of her knees.  I spent some time on her just to get her hair the way I wanted it.  Washed it first, put hair conditioner on to detangle the mess.  Let the hair dry.  THEN proceeded to give her a cut and style.  First I cut the length to low back.  Then I texturized her hair by thinning it and leaving it so was not all one length & more natural looking.  Proceeded to the crown of her head and layered a portion of it in 3 layers; taking each layer and blowing it with hair dryer on low to SPIKE it.  I amped up her make-up a little.  I call her 'Tina' now.  Tina Turner.  She has on a cute, short black and white checkerboard dress, black tights, and little black sweater.  Gave her some earrings and she is cute as a buttonheart  I hope I get this picture deal figured out one of these days as have lots of new stuff to photograph and post.  Yesterday, I dug out a #5 titian PT that i have not been fond of.  Bought her 6 years ago and liked her at first and then not.  Put her away.  So, got rid of the red bow in her hair, removed the lipstick, and Friday Night Date outfit.  Put her in a striped suit for the spa.  Freshened her hair.  Touched up her brows, eye shadow and lids, and redid those awful fire-engine red, sticky lips!!!  She looks pretty good now.  Working on her was like working on a new doll, so that took care of the 'I need a new vintage doll' issue.

Oh, the My Size can be lots of fun!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1655 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Shirley, I would love to see a photo of Tina! Her outfit sounds so cute. I love that you put them in a swimsuit for their spa treatment. My long distance barbie friend sent me a brunette totally hair that needs a spa treatment badly. Maybe she will get a bath after work tonight. Your other doll you got tonight sounds nice.

I'm glad we both had a quiet holiday. I turn 30 in a week. I find as I get "older" I appreciate that more and more.
Message 1656 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

A242497-R1-14-10A.jpg

Posting oldies will have to do.  This is little Skipper in training for becoming a Fairy.

Message 1657 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

A242497-R1-16-8A.jpg

Tuesday Taylor in a pensive mood.

Message 1658 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

IMG009.JPG

Tuesday can be bad as a blonde Smiley Very Happy  (the top of her head swivels so she can be blonde or brunette)

Message 1659 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Ash!  I missed you while looking for pictures!  Oh Tina is a cutey!!  She has the honor of sitting on my desk by the puterSmiley Happy

What you going to do on your 30th?  I threw a huge partySmiley Very Happy

Message 1660 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Ash ~ just about forgot........checked Simone's outfit.  I don't think it is sewn on.  There is a snap on the backside of the skirt and the top ties at the waist.  There is only one little stitch in the front to keep the blouse closed is all.

Message 1661 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Message 1662 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

My best friend and I had a doll meet up, here's some pics
Message 1663 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Everyone alive?
Message 1664 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Hahaha!!  Yep, still alive.  In an icebox about right now.  This polar vortex thing is wild.  Last I looked it was 10* but that was about 3 hours ago.  Supposed to be 0* by morning.  Wind is blowing all the while at about 20-25mph, so it makes it verrrrrrrrrrrry cold.  Trying to get out of the holiday mode and back to a normal routine of things.

Just looking over your photos and so very interesting.  I see Simone under a pile of clothes.  Did you get her clothes off?(see my post??)  The Barbie with the pink hair is pretty wild.  I think I still have that short short dress.  I have parted with so much stuff, not sure.  So, are these dolls having a love-in at home or are they at a night club?  My only doubt about it being a nightclub is because the one dude seems to be down to his boxers and may well be inching his way to a room.   I see a number of the Modern Circle dolls in the photo, so maybe this is a Modern Circle partySmiley Surprised  The photography is great and love the blue light(black light) behind the pink haired Barbie.  My Tina turner doll is standing here looking at the puter screen and is asking me where this party is taking place. (She wants to see if her orange nail polish will glow under the lighting.)  Since she has this tina turner thing going on with her hair, she wants to meet the pink haired barbie and friends and maybe visit this club to trade hair-do secrets over a drink.  'Good Girl' is standing behind her and tells her she has a lot to learn.  Cute.  Anyway, that must have been fun to be able to get together with your friend and play with your dolls.  Good times.

Message 1665 of 9,230
latest reply