cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playtime 2022

I'm keep my fingers crossed that this will work.

Message 1 of 2,123
latest reply
2,122 REPLIES 2,122

Playtime 2022

100_6122.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 16 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Good Friday Morning, 

Shirls - I love how you are able to tweak illustrations/paintings/items to make them lovelier than before! 

That hiding place Stinky found is a little hand-cranked elevator - perfect size for Stinky and the smaller Kiddles. The townhouse is supposed to “talk” - not sure what it said since the talking mechanism didn’t work. 

I love, love, love the tiny Myah in her little coat and her wee pink mouse is wonderful! 

Xxoo Kate

Remember these circular shawls? Queli posted a simple tutorial - I can't remember the measurements, but it was just cutting a fabric circle and two small ovals for the arms. I sized it down for Stinky so he could have a felt vest. 🙂

DSC02416.JPGDSC02417.jpgDSC02418.jpg

Message 17 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Forgot to mention that I made a necklace out of a t-shirt! I found a tutorial on YouTube and it was very simple. I made a necklace for myself from the body of the t-shirt and cut smaller pieces for Sasha from the sleeves. 🙂 

TshirtNecklace.JPG

Message 18 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Friday Night ~  Internet was down for a time tonight....just got it back up.  Of all times for it to go down too.  DH was needing to get something important done for his mom.   She was getting a little bent, but you know, it is what it is. 

KATE ~ Sometimes that tweaking can land me in trouble.  Worked on it more today and began to think that if I didn't stop, I was going to ruin it.  So, cleaned up the paint brushes and put everything away.  🙄

Your little bunny and giraffe look so cute trying to hide behind Sasha's skirt!   I'll have to look up the tutorial..sounds neat.  I like the red ones you made.  Sasha's is perfect with the white dress and her dark hair. 

POSA is so beautiful.  She looks great in the hot pink and striped shawl.  The fabric drapes nicely so she looks pretty dern good!   I can't remember the placement location for the sleeve openings.  Or the size of the circle.   

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 19 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

I have had this Mother-in-law's Tongue plant for years.  I'm absolutely amazed!  It grew a long stem and now it is blooming!  I didn't even know they could bloom.  Mom had one for years and it never bloomed! 

100_6283.JPG

Message 20 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Kate...thanks 🙂 and yes, the swimsuit is painted out...That liddle kiddle townhouse is adorable! And it used to talk? How interesting...Yeah, I remember those shawls. I really liked that craft :-)...A necklace out a t-shirt? Very cool!

Shirley...Thanks 🙂 ...Me too, I'm always happy when I make it back home safely...Ah, and there's your little pixie Barbie, love that doll...I hate it when the internet's not working :-(...Mother-in-law's tongue?! You've got to be kidding me! Cool plant!

Message 21 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Hanging out in the yard.

24072741259_8b694bd901_z.jpg

Message 22 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Good Saturday Morning, 

Sunny and cool this morning - a lovely summer day! 

Shirls - Such a lovely plant - who knew it was called Mother-in-law’s Tongue??!! It is frustrating when the internet is down - like losing electrical power - one never knows when it will come back on!

Queli - That is a great gazebo prop! I like that Ken with all his articulation, too. And I just noticed the palm tree - how cool is that!?

Xxoo Kate

Speaking of palm trees...Speaking of palm trees...The time Alan lost his socks to Stinky in a shell game!The time Alan lost his socks to Stinky in a shell game!Francie with vintage friends.Francie with vintage friends.

Message 23 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Saturday Night ~

Wellllllll, we got 1.75 inches of rain last night!   The lightening was pretty intense...woke me up at 1:45am.   One of those 'flash and crash' at the same time.    We really needed the moisture and a bit of a cool down.....85* was the high today.  Creeping back to the 90's tomorrow and by Tuesday we will be blazing again.

Having a problem leaving kudos again.  They don't seem to show up until a bit later.   I probably shouldn't call them kudos anymore......they are now known as 'helpfuls'. 

KATE ~ Francie and vintage friends is one of my favorite photos.  Love the doggie and the weebles.   Now just what will Stinky do with Alan's socks?  LOL at Stinky on his island with a bottle of rum.  Neat palm tree grove.   ~~ I wonder how the plant got the name; 'MIL's tongue?   I usually call it the Snake Plant. 

QUELI ~ Truly is a nice gazebo!  Cute little palm tree..does it light up?   Little kitty is having some fun too I see. 

Message 24 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

100_6287.JPG

Barbie decided she needed a couple of guardians at the beach hut to ensure Monster High dolls don't overtake that too. 

Message 25 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Kate...Thanks :-)...I love that palm tree. Brought it at Target...Oh look, you have Stinky amongst palm trees too, so cute...Hahahaha, I love that “lost his socks” photo! You have to watch out for Stinky; he's a wily one...Pastel blue is definitely Francie's color...

Shirley...Thanks 🙂 Yes, the palm tree lights up and Harry Belafonte sings Day-O The Banana Boat song 🙂 Oh yeah, that little kitty is very adventurous...Haha, is Barbie having a Monster High invasion?! That little cutie is looking good in her fashion and with all those weapons.

Message 26 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Last night was the last night of National Barbie Convention. I had a WONDERFUL time. I need to organize my photos so you can see some of what happened. In the meantime, here are the photos of the convention dolls, A Date with Destiny Barbie doll designed by Carlyle Nuera. You got one or the other depending on the skintone you requested.

52207522138_867232050c_z.jpg52207497931_dc1b42feee_z.jpg52207521788_6bca6ecdc9_z.jpg52207521028_69c5ca3853_z.jpg

Message 27 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Hallmark Premiere started Friday for club members and Saturday for the general public. This is the first time I didn't go on Friday because of Barbie Con so I went today and had a blast! I got 7 ornaments plus a free one. I bought the ornaments with ****

52207340148_64e83ecf8c_z.jpg

Isn't this speckled puppy the cutest thing ever?!****

52207341933_b8daef84ee_z.jpg52206303532_a485efb584_z.jpg

52207810310_11e1681dbb_z.jpg

52207326003_502f40fdc3_z.jpg

Message 28 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

52207579374_063d9dc133_z.jpg

52207298921_a2434d0dfc_z.jpg

52206286882_ced16c09d1_z.jpg

52207801440_84e36bd8a3_b.jpg

52207300811_e0340c043b_z.jpg

52207320108_c1b0b941e2_z.jpg

At my Hallmark you schedule some time at the table so you can check your ornaments. We also got some water and a candy cane 🙂 Isn't the bag cute?!

52207319318_85487a0ce0_z.jpg

Message 29 of 2,123
latest reply

Playtime 2022

Good Monday Morning, 

Warm here today but I am enjoying the summer weather! 

Shirls - Sometimes I can leave “helpfuls” and sometimes not - today it seems to be working! 

That storms sounds like it was both loud and really wet! At least it cooled things down a bit. Glad Mama Bunny has a place to hide.

Sounds like the MH dolls can easily spread out - sometimes you have to say No!

Queli - How cool that the palm tree sings!!

Wow - love the convention doll - both versions! And I love all the Hallmark ornaments - fabulous!!

Having Barbie in those photos is perfect to see the variety of sizes! Can’t wait to see more convention photos.

Xxoo Kate

Some random Silkstone photos - can you see Stinky in the background wearing a top hat and about to eat a giant cupcake? Lol!

silkietarget.jpgdotteddress.jpgadlersilkie.jpg

Message 30 of 2,123
latest reply