cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Theater Barbie Set Convention Showpiece

Hi, I have a 1960's showpiece from a Chicago Toy Convention called "Little Theater Barbie" the other ones I've seen are slightly different from this one and I was looking to find some more information.
The items are not currently for sale simply looking for some back story.

Any and all info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you.

image 2.jpeg

image1 Barbie.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Image result for barbie & ken little theater gift setThis gift set came out in 1964.  I see the Barbie is a swirl ponytail.  On the lid of the box, which is like yours it says something like, Barbie & Ken as Arabian Nights.   These 2 dolls are dressed in Arabian nights.   I did find another image of this set which shows the inside of the box is covered in one sheet of clear plastic and dolls in boxes are wrapped separately.  Both images i found, have the yellow back ground with the printing as shown here. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Looking at your photos, the back ground is dark blue, without any print that I can see.  Yet, the lid of your set says it is Barbie & Ken as Arabian Nights.   These dolls are not dressed in Arabian Nights which maybe suggests to me, that this gift set has been put together as best they could.  Each outfit piece has been individually wrapped.  The stands are not in the boxes with the dolls, but off to the side also wrapped.   It does look complete.  Also note, the Barbie inside is a Bubble Cut Barbie.   Also noted is the little catalog included.  As you can see in photo i posted,  the play programs are included.  Not sure if they are in your set or not (under the clothing?)

If I find more information or images of other gift sets that look differently, I will post it here.   Sorry I was not as much help as you were wishing for, but hope it helps you determine what your set is.  Is there any way to tell if items in your set have been played with?  

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

http://www.vintagebarbienrfb.com/?page_id=3543

Message 4 of 4
latest reply