cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identify barbie

On the back it says matel 1966. I research some and know many use the brand matel 1966 on it. I check the inner neck it says matel 1976 but i cant find the pics of this barbie anywhere. On her inner thighs the code is 1115-T507. Her skin is slightly tanner than average barbie. Here hair is pass waiste long blonde and wavy20180313_211537.jpg

20180313_211104.jpg

20180313_211008.jpg

20180313_210913.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Help identify barbie

Hi Family,

The 1966 on the body is the year this body type/style (twist & trun) was produced and licensed. 

The 1976 on the neck is the year this head mold was produced and licensed. 

In either case, does not reflect the actual year this doll came out.   There are scads of these Barbies and they mostly came out during the 1980's through to mid- 90's.    The dress your doll is wearing is from the "Angel Face Barbie" #5640 1982.  I don't think you have the Angel Face doll because she has bent arms and her eye make-up is slightly different.  It is very difficult to identify exactly which doll you have.  There are MANY and the differences are very subtle.....maybe doll has one highlight in eye and another completely different doll will have 2.  If you want to know exactly which Barbie you have, about the only way to identify her is a close-up of the face, hair part, straight or bent arms, and country where she was made.  That should be on her backside.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Help identify barbie

Hi Family,

The 1966 on the body is the year this body type/style (twist & trun) was produced and licensed. 

The 1976 on the neck is the year this head mold was produced and licensed. 

In either case, does not reflect the actual year this doll came out.   There are scads of these Barbies and they mostly came out during the 1980's through to mid- 90's.    The dress your doll is wearing is from the "Angel Face Barbie" #5640 1982.  I don't think you have the Angel Face doll because she has bent arms and her eye make-up is slightly different.  It is very difficult to identify exactly which doll you have.  There are MANY and the differences are very subtle.....maybe doll has one highlight in eye and another completely different doll will have 2.  If you want to know exactly which Barbie you have, about the only way to identify her is a close-up of the face, hair part, straight or bent arms, and country where she was made.  That should be on her backside.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Help identify barbie

152101307126712909459.jpg

There isnt an imprint saying where its made from. Ill post some close up pbotos in a sec. Her arms dont bend but legs do bend. Her waist does twist also. Forgive me if the post comes out wierd trying to use my phone to post

15210126872891096482856.jpg

1521013402931885648890.jpg

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Help identify barbie

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Help identify barbie

Even with the great close-up of her face, I am still having a difficult time ID'ing the doll for certain.  I use this book: The Ultimate Barbie Doll Book by Marcie Mellilo.  I have not made it through all the dolls for the years I mentioned above.   She does look more tanned in the close-up photos, but hard for me to tell if she has a side part in her hair or not. The marking on back of her scalp is of no help.  As I said, Mattel mass produced these dolls in the 80's to early 90's, so the hunt for the exact doll could be difficult. These dolls are of little to no value; especially loose like this.  So, just enjoy her as is Smiley Happy

Sorry I could not be of any more help.  Maybe someone else will come along and have an ID for you.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Help identify barbie

Oh its okay. Thank you. I was trying to see if she is valuable before i let my daughter play with her. Thank you for the effort. Have a wonderful day

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Help identify barbie

Hope your daughter has fun with her.  I will tell you this, if you buy any of the modern; present day fashions for Barbie dolls, they probably won't fit.  Somewhere along the line, Barbie had a 'chest' reduction and some even widened their hips.  Biggest problem will be to find tops that will close all the way.  Also, the new bodies are all shapes and sizes, but no-one has a full size 'chest' anymore.

@familybox22_2

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Help identify barbie

I too had doubts about letting my niece play w my Barbies and Midges. . .after they chewed off the fingers, I realized I should of gone out and bought them new ones. My 1950's dolls would be worth quite a bit now.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Help identify barbie

I can crochet some. She likes to pick out the colors of her doll clothes. Thank you for letting me know

Message 9 of 9
latest reply