cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping labels

Im new at this and made a critical shipping mistake yesterday. I printed out some shipping labels that were through USPS media mail and I put them in priority mail boxes thinking they went off what is on label and box didnt matter. I was greeted this afternoon by USPS with about 10 pkgs I sent yesterday and told I had to print out priority labels or go buy different stuff to ship in and put labels on that stuff, not to mention i printrd 2 UPS labels and didnt realize it and put on USPS boxes. I had to reprint about $40 or so in labels today and i cant cancel ones i no longer need. Not having fun so far at this and could use some help.

Thank You

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

shipping labels

@wkr4998 

Added:  UPS labels aren't charged unless they are used and delivered to the buyer, so you don't need to void those.

U.S. Community Volunteer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

shipping labels

@wkr4998 

For USPS labels, you have 5 days to VOID the label in order to get a refund. The refund takes 15-21 days.

That's as long as the packages weren't already entered in the mail stream.

You're lucky they brought them back to you - usually they'll upgrade the shipping and charge back your account for the very high difference in cost.

The Void link is in the dropdown next to the item on your Label Mgmt page -

https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng/labels-history/seller-hub

And now you know you absolutely cannot mix labels with preprinted Priority boxes from USPS.

Use plain cardboard boxes.  Most of the Priority Mail boxes at post offices are "flat rate" too, so you need to understand the difference between those and scale weight.

And magazines DO NOT qualify for Media Mail at all - they never have as they contain ads.

Media Mail packages can be opened by USPS at any time to inspect the contents; if they find magazines they will also charge you for the cost difference. You need to ship with First class package, or Priority Mail.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

shipping labels

@wkr4998 

Added:  UPS labels aren't charged unless they are used and delivered to the buyer, so you don't need to void those.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

shipping labels

I tried to void out labels and its not letting me do it

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

shipping labels

@wkr4998 wrote:

I tried to void out labels and its not letting me do it

Why not?  Is the Void option not there or is there an error?

What do those tracking #s show - if they were accepted into USPS mail stream before they returned them to you, then you won't be able to void them.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

shipping labels

They were put into system

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

shipping labels

@wkr4998 wrote:

They were put into system

Then you're not eligible for refunds, I'm afraid. Hard lesson to learn all around.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 7 of 7
latest reply