cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller protection

I listed glassware, some with flaws.  I clearly stated the flaws.  I photographed the flaws.  The buyer purchased the item and then demanded a refund for damage items.  She wanted to keep the good ones and get a refund for the flawed ones.  I sold them for 8 dollars and she demanded 10 for each glass.  I contacted ebay and they told me to refund the money.  One even suggested I file a claim for damage on the flawed glasses and lie to the postoffice .  Why doesn't Ebay protect sellers from buyers who scam?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

seller protection

Tell her to return all of them for a refund, if you do not want to offer a partial refund to appease her.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

seller protection

The buyer lied and my listing and photos proved it.  Why does ebay keep telling me to refund anyway? If somone steals from you why does ebay say pay them even more?  Where is the sellers protection?  I did refund money just to end the issue since ebay was not going to protect me.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

seller protection

Buyers often try this "partial refund" ploy.   Had you required her to return "all" of them before you refunded, you likely would have found she would rather keep them. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply