cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller protection policy - a thing of the past?

Tracking says item delivered. Two days later customer files claim. FEEbay puts hold on my account for $500. 
When FEEbay took over the payment processing, they assured us that nothing would be different from PayPal. They flat out lied to us all! Being a longtime verified PayPal customer, they never took money from my account unless I lost a dispute. They didn't automatically take MY money because some zero feedback prick was too stupid to configure a modem or claimed he didn't receive an item when tracking said he did. It was something like customer loyalty & I WAS THE CUSTOMER! 
There used to be a thing called the "seller protection" - Remember, if you're shipping an item over 750 you have to use signature confirmation to be eligible for seller protection. I think I still get the message and it's automatically added now. But my current dispute was a $500 item. Signature confirmation not required. But it seems like it doesn't matter anyway because if a customer says he didn't receive an item, over 750, less than 750, signature or no signature, if they file a complaint, FEEbay will take money from you and hold it in an interest bearing account until they're willing and ready to give it back!
FEEbay sellers need to create a seller's union. Otherwise they will continue mistreating their CUSTOMERS, the people who pay the commissions to them. They have long forgotten who the customer is and allow buyers to do whatever the hell they want - Don't like the color= not as described & FEEbay automatically sides with the buyer! Always. Every time. And the only recourse a seller has is to report the buyer. If buyer gets too many seller complaints he has to make a new account!
I wish there was a viable alternative because I'd be about as loyal to FEEbay as they are to me!
Oh -and I like the way they begin a conversation: "We want to thank you for being a loyal FEEbay customer... 22 years, wow... Now, How can we screw you today loyal customer?"

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

seller protection policy - a thing of the past?

Did you say anywhere in that long paragraph that you responded to the not received claim with the tracking #? 

Nothing has changed - respond with the tracking that shows delivery to your buyer's location and the case should close in your favor.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply