cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returning an item using more insurance

I just sent back an item thru USPS.  I paid for it myself because I wanted to put more insurance on it.  It was an $800.00 item.  Because, I did not use the ebay label, will I still get my refund?  The person has to sign for it.   Just wondering how that works?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I already started using the return label and now it won't give me the option to add my own tracking or carrier. 

How do you ask ebay CS for help?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@anwedd wrote:

I just sent back an item thru USPS.  I paid for it myself because I wanted to put more insurance on it.  It was an $800.00 item.  Because, I did not use the ebay label, will I still get my refund?  The person has to sign for it.   Just wondering how that works?

Be sure to add the tracking number to your return:

Adding tracking to your return

Adding tracking details to your return helps protect against delays or issues in the refund process. If you use an eBay returns label, tracking details are automatically uploaded.

Here’s how to add the tracking information to your return if you’re using your own return shipping label:

1. Go to the return request in Purchase History.
  2. Select the shipping carrier from the dropdown list. If you select Other, enter the carrier name.
  3. Enter the tracking number.
  4. Select Mark as sent.

If you're returning an item that has a total cost of $750 or more, you'll need to use a tracked service with signature confirmation. Learn more about our signature confirmation requirements.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@anwedd 

Yes, you did it correctly. eBay generated return labels don't include insurance or SigConf so buying your own label was good.

Make sure the tracking is uploaded to the Return case too - there have been glitches with that not working so if you can't upload it you will have to ask eBay CS to help.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I already started using the return label and now it won't give me the option to add my own tracking or carrier. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@anwedd wrote:

@anwedd 

Go to this linked page, look on left side, click "Have us call you" or "chat with us"(live chat, not auto asst)

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Watch for the delivery back to the seller too - sometimes the bots will deny a refund if they can't read the return tracking, so you have to contact eBay again to do a manual review and refund. Same link as above.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks .... instant fix.  Wow... much appreciated.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply