cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing a label for a items swap

It has happened I sent the wrong item to 2 buyers. How do I send them each a mailing label so they can swap items?

This happened to me about 2 years ago and I messed it up badly by purchasing labels , mailing it to each buyer so they could send the items to each other. Customer help was key and I thought all was well except about a week later when USPS billid me almost double cost on each since the ship from address was mine and that is not where the package origination was as they shipped from the buyers addresses not mine. That was above the original cost of the labels and I don't want to do that again.

How can this be done? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

printing a label for a items swap

@bmcoley1948 

You should ask each buyer to return the item received to you - have each open a return so you can provide the labels. Refund each when the item is received, and relist and let them buy it again.

It rarely works out right to have the buyers ship to each other - you wind up with 1 buyer with nothing and 1 with 2 items and all you can do then is refund the one with nothing. Plus most people don’t want you giving their address to a stranger any more.

If you still want to try this, and your buyers agree, you can not purchase the labels through eBay. You would have to purchase them through a 3rd party label service like pirateship.com.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply