cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more excuses

Hey ebay

I dont really appreciate paying for priority shipping, for an item to ship priority mail from Oxford, Michigan

go to Detroit Michigan, then go to Pontiac Michigan, then go back to Oxford, Mi and it is now being blamed

on the WEATHER????    I thought the post office was blaming their incompetence on Covid.   Just when

we thought we had seen it all.  This would be a comedy hour if it wasnt OUR MONEY OUT THE DOOR.

I can just hear your so-called customer service "Don't ya know there's a pandemic going on?"   Real

smart.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

more excuses

I don't think eBay has any say in how the postal service handles mail. You may want to lodge a complaint with the postal service.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

more excuses

eBay doesn't deliver the mail, USPS does so not sure why you would be contacted eBay about your dissatisfaction.

• For over a year and a half, COVID has been impacting mail transit/delivery (not as much as it did the first year of the pandemic, but there are still impacts).
  • Weather has impacted mail transit/delivery since the beginning of the postal service (recently, perhaps you heard about the tornadoes that devastated hundreds of miles and killed more than 80 people across six states). Severe weather events may occur in one location but can impact the entire country due to flight delays, re-routings, etc. 
  • Sometimes, packages are mis-routed due to a sorting error.
  • Overwhelming package volume causes more things to go wrong during the holidays than during the rest of the year.

Most people understand all of this...

From my experience this year (and I've been doing this for 17 years), 99% of my shipments have been delivered on time without a hitch. Still things happen sometimes. Of course when it happens to you, it's disappointing but in the scheme of things, I would be counting my blessings if all I had to worry about was a delivery that went astray. That's what Plan **bleep** are for... Buying early and/or buying locally are also options.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 3
latest reply