cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local pick up listing problems

I am having trouble with my local pickup listings.  Buyers want to pay cash for their items and I do not want to sell to them off of ebay and break TOS.  I keep telling the buyer I will not meet you until you complete the purchase on ebay.  Lately you can see buyers  are unable to complete the sale with paying in person no matter how hard they try.  I had to cancel this order (15-10936-08266) because he wanted me to deliver it 40 miles away but you can see in my messages to him that I wouldn't not meet him until he clicked buy.  He stated he couldn't not complete the transaction without paying on the spot.  This happened again with 21-10942-73982 he could only complete if he paid on the app.  I made certain to have the settings set to not force immediate pay and offer local pick up.  Can you please tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Andrew

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are not doing anything wrong.  The buyer needs to pay with an electronic method, so ebay can take its fees.  ebay then sends the buyer a QR-code as well as a 6-digit code.  When you meet with the buyer, you scan the QR-code with your phone, or enter that 6 digit code into the transaction on your computer.  That way, ebay knows the buyer has received the item, since there is no tracking number since you did not ship.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

IMG_2969.jpeg

there is a button called pay on pick up. I don’t care about the eBay fees. I want to know how the buyer can pay with the cash that is an option

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Just contacted support. First they say it was a technical glitch on ebay then they blamed the seller for doing it wrong.

Option on listingOption on listingEbay more info pageEbay more info page

Message 4 of 4
latest reply