cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item not received tracking said it was delivered

DID YOU NOT GET YOUR ITEM BUT TRACKING SAID IT WAS DELIVERED LOT OF THIS GOING AROUND NOW DAYS AN PEOPLE ARE GETTING RIPED OFF BECAUSE EBAY SEES IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED BY THE TRACKING NUMBER SO YOU LOSE SELLER SAYS SOME ONE MUST HAVE STOLE IT OR WAS DELIVERED TO WRONG ADRESS THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME ONE TIME I KNEW IF I SAID I DID NOT RECEIVE IT THEY WOULD SAY TRACKING SAID I DID CASE CLOSED I WOULD BE OUT OF ITEM AN MONEY SO I STARTED A RETURN RIGHT AWAY THE SELLER CAME BACK WITH HOW CAN YOU RETURN IT WHEN WE DID NOT SEND IT YET AN GIVE ME NEW TRACKING NUMBER AN SENT THE ITEM SAYING THERE WAS A MISTAKE SENT WRONG TRACKING SO CHECK THIS OUT ONLY WAY I THINK THERE TRYING TO CHEAT PEOPLE ITS CALLED USPS PACKAGE INTERCEPT CLOSE AS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW THERE DOING IT EBAY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BE CAUSE ITS HURTING THEM  THOUGHT THIS MIGHT HELP SOME OF YOU 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

item not received tracking said it was delivered

Please don't use all caps, but do use punctuation and paragraphs 🙂  It sounds like you have or had several issues, but I can't really tell if any of them are current or if they are old issues.

If sent usps and it shows delivered, go to your PO with the tracking # and ask the clerk to look up the delivery.  The scanners have gps, so they can see exactly where the package was delivered.  If mis-delivered, the carrier should try to retrieve the package.

If correctly delivered and stolen from your property, you should file a police report and a home insurance claim, if applicable. Unfortunately, this is your loss, not the seller's.

Never open a return for an item you have not received.  Return means send something back after you have it in hand.  If you don't receive an item and there is no tracking showing delivery, then you open a not received claim.

After the last expected delivery date, but no more than 30 days after the last expected delivery date, go to your purchase history - select 'I haven't received it' and follow the prompts.
The seller has 3 business days to provide tracking that shows delivery, or a refund.  If he doesn't, go to your case and click 'ask us to step in'.

Never close a claim at the request of the seller - you are giving up your protection.  eBay protects buyers, but you must follow the rules.  If there is an item you have not received and no tracking shows delivered but you closed the claim, then file a claim outside of eBay.

If you paid through a paypal account, you can open a not received dispute there - you have 180 days after payment. 

If you paid directly with a credit card, call you card issuer - ask them to open a not received dispute for you.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply