cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay charges sellers 10% of SHIPPING COSTS! What?

So eBay is charging 10% of shipping costs but advertising how great they are by saving us money by basically railroading us to use USPS. It's very misleading and not very ethical to profit from sellers passing off exact costs of shipping to the customer. So either these fees fall to the seller or customer while eBay just acts greedy and collects every last dime they can. It's making eBay less attractive. We're already paying a Final Value Fee but to charge the same percentage on shipping charges is outrageous. Don't give me that printing labels on my own printer with my own ink in any way shape or form justifies this much of a cost. Is anyone else upset about these charges? Yes, i know sellers can offer free shipping.  Yes i know all the normal rebuttals you may have but my point is sellers are told not to build in profit in shipping. Sellers are encouraged to offer free shipping. Yet eBay can basically break it's own rules and encouragement by gouging sellers? eBay is great, it's been great but if it starts milking every last penny out of greed, I will pray that competition brings them back down to earth. A lot of sellers make their living this way so it'd be nice to see a company WANT small businesses to succeed. Seems eBay has lost it's way a little. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)