cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detailed 1099-k and ebay expense reports differ!

As ebay reports gross sales to uncle sam we need to gather all the fee's ebay is raking in from us to deduct. This gives us our net proceeds to pay taxes on.  After adding  the columns in the reports (using excel) I found discrepancies abound. I spent hours downloading all reports available and none jive or are comprehensive

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Please also keep in mind that the 1099-K will be based on  the settlement date when eBay receives the money from the buyer and moves the value to your side of the spreadsheet.  A sale that occurs near the end of December, but paid in January, will post to the following year's 1099-K. So make adjustments at both ends of your year to accommodate the settlement date.  Additionally, sales tax that is collected and remitted by eBay is not included in the 1099-K.

With that in mind, you may have reports that are specific to the 1099-K, while other reports serve other accounting purposes.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm attempting to reconcile my total ebay payouts to my bank from ebay and the fees charged via the spread sheets provided and the 1099k figure. So tax is not included in the reported gross? I assume refunds and ship charges fees are? Also where are store fees, subtitle fees, GTC fees and the like reported? Any purchases or ship labels i make on ebay are paid for via CC not ebay funds. The only funds coming out of ebay payout is international ship labels. A comprehensive spread sheet of all payouts fees and transfers with a filter would would solve this. Is there one?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply