cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combined invoice limit

I have a customer who routinely purchases 50-100 items from me. I have been having a great number of problems trying to send multiple invoices. This has been going on for months. The 40 item limit is a nightmare trying to get paid. I just sent the buyer a combined invoice for 40 items but only 24 show up on my end. Any ideas? I can't seem to get though to eBay customer service.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

combined invoice limit

The 40 item limit has existed for over a decade, so you just have to learn to work with it.

When a buyer purchases more than 40 items, you can invoice 40. Then wait for him to pay that invoice.  Then you can invoice the next 40 (or the remaining items, if less than 40).

If 24 items were invoiced, I would ask the buyer to pay that invoice, then invoice the remaining items.  You can try clicking send invoice on one of the items not picked up on the invoice, but sometimes that jut changes the items, not the number of items on the invoice.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

combined invoice limit

I've never had a problem with it until the last few months. Ebay has changed something. I sent the second invoice & it combined the 32 that were left but also duplicated 8 items that were on the first invoice which brought the total to 40. I had to deselect those 8 items but I think it finally went through. It didn't show up in my email as it normally does. Any idea why they set the limit at 40 to begin with? Thanks for your response.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

combined invoice limit

They have changed it in the recent past - you used to be able to send multiple 40 item invoices, and then they buyer could pay them all together.

I assume the original 40 item limit goes to back to file size limitations long, long ago 🙂

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply