cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account not recognised.

I have noticed recently that when I log onto ebay.uk ( I keep my account open,don't sign out) that even although I am recognised as being who I am, when I go to review products in my basket It would appear that my activity hasn't been recognised and I have to actually sign into my account. Then when I enter my password details, they aren't recognised either.

Has anyone experienced this madness, and should I sign out when I have made a purchase and re-sign in when I attempt to browse,purchase again?

It is patently ridiculous that you can be allowed to enter this site then when you attempt to purchase are treated as if you don't exist.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

account not recognised.

You're on the US site. Log out of here first. and then try going back to the UK site and log in to see if that corrects the problem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

account not recognised.

You're on the US site. Log out of here first. and then try going back to the UK site and log in to see if that corrects the problem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk

Inceptions

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

account not recognised.

How on earth could that happen? I typed in ebay UK, it accepted me,allowed me to browse/shop, then demanded I re-sign in.

Weird. I signed in and found everything priced in US $'s. I signed out and searched for ebay UK again. Finally got in and found my garments were still awaiting payment.

Thanks for the heads up, as I sort of suspected that might have been the reason.

Again, many thanks.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

account not recognised.

You're very welcome!

Inceptions

Message 4 of 4
latest reply