cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why eBay supports fraudsters and dishonest buyers?

I contacted eBay by phone with their customer service department. I have been informed that the scandalous feedback I received from the buyer can not be removed because the buyer has requested a return of the item.

Both cases - feedback and return request are not eligible and violate eBay rules. The buyer in both cases writes that the item is not as described, which is not true. Buyer purchased leather pouch for mobile phone.  At the very beginning of the description is a headline, in bold, warning that the case is only for the phone, without any additional protectors on the phone 
Here is quote :
"Manufactured and prepared to use with PHONE ONLY - without any additional case cover."

The link to the eBay listing is here - https://www.ebay.com/itm/322025838550

It is eBay that created this dishonest rule, so they can change it, right?  This is an unhealthy practice on eBay, supporting and protecting unsavory buyers, supporting cheaters. Why should a negative comment be visible on my account until January 2?

eBay informed me I have to wait until January 2, then advised me to escalate the return request and once the return will be finished, they will in able to remove those negative feedback! Completly crazy!!!

Buyer did not read description before purchase, buyer made mistake and now I am punished for buyers mistakes. 

During the conversation with the eBay customer service department they confirmed that I am right and my item is correctly described, that the buyer made the mistake. Unfortunately, the eBay system is designed so that the call center's staff can not delete the negative feddback when the buyer at the same time has requested a return of the goods and it is irrelevant that the request to return the goods which the customer has opened also violates the eBay rules because incorrect information was given as the reason for the return, thereby forcing the shipping fee to be paid.

Why eBay supports unfair market practices and abuses its dominant position? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)