cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my auction listing not show up in search results?

I relisted an auction after it sold previously but I had a problem with a non-paying bidder.  I listed it quite a while ago now and there are less than 2 days left on the auction before it ends.  However, I noticed that my auction still has very few page views overall, especially compared to the prior auction that "sold" (but I never got paid on).  So, I decided to check where my auction listing was showing up on search results by putting the first word or two of my auction title into the search bar on eBay.  Well, very much to my surprise, my listing did not show up ANYWHERE in the search results!  I could not find my listing at all on eBay unless I went to My eBay and went to my seller dashboard and clicked on my listing there!  What good is THAT if I am the only one who can find my auction because I am the one who listed it?!?!

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself and see what you come up with.  First, click on this link to see what my auction looks like so you will know what you are looking for in the eBay search:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/302299138333

Then, go do a search on eBay using any words from the title and you will see that my listing will NOT show up anywhere in the search results!  I tried searching with "Spondoolies" and "Spondoolies SP31" and could not find my auction listing at all.  What gives here?!?!  What am I paying eBay for when they won't even put my auctions in search results on their site?!?!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)