cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay include tax amount to be collected by eBay in total transaction amount sent to paypal?

Hi

I sold an item on eBay today & eBay forced invoice to include 6% Pennsylvania sales tax which is fine. My issue is when I reviewed PayPal transaction Paypal charged 2.9% fee on the 6% tax that went to eBay! I called PayPal & they said Paypal charges 2.9% plus 30 cents on total transaction amount sent by eBay. They agreed that the Seller should not pay a fee on the tax amount sent to eBay especially when that tax money never gets deposited in Sellers account. They said for me to contact eBay to find out why they don't exempt the tax amount from the TOTAL Transaction amount so Seller only pays PayPal fee on item & shipping amounts. I called eBay & person basically said that is the way it is & if I had a problem contact PayPal which I told them I did & they said contact eBay. Typical past the buck! Bottom line is why should Seller pay 2.9% on tax money sent to eBay? If you sell a lot that is big $$$$$$ over time!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)