cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with addresses & cancellations?

To Receive a final value fee credit is important but I have to think about the time it takes me to make the phone call to Ebay (most of the time more than one call) and it doesn't even get resolved VS getting the money back.

I have been noticing that even when I make a cancellation and is completed ( Paypal refunded) I don't get my final value fee credit.

I have 3 cancellations just hanging there almost a month later.

The worse part is when we get these wrong addresses or "a buyer requests to cancel an order"  and then they do not have the kindness to approve the cancelation and we are stuck. It doesn't seem fair for us the sellers.

As an example..

I have one item sitting down here that has been paid for that I can't send because the address is wrong.

Few emails later and after waiting for a month, I decided to call Ebay. To get this answer... call the buyer.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to make an international call!

After waiting on the phone for over 30 min. that's the response I get?

My worry is not getting in touch with the buyer, I already tried to contact the buyer. My concern is that this month I already have 3 stupit cancellations due to wrong addresses sitting there that at this time are considered a defect and counted against me in my seller performance so I don't want to cancel another one for a wrong address, since I know that if this buyer won't answer my emails surely he's not going to approve the cancellation.

Something is going terribly wrong lately and I feel I have no way out.

If I change the address myself I loose the "seller protection" with Ebay

If I cancel the transaction so the buyer can change the address (since the buyer cannot change the address after the purchase is made) then it's against me in my seller performance.

When I list an item, I enter a legally binding contract to complete the transaction if the item is sold. If I cancel the transaction, there could be other negative ramifications.

What in the world I'm suposs to do?

Please don't tell me to call Ebay and "ask to step in and help with the transaction" I just did that yesterday... and guess what?

Nothing happened!

In response To Countrymist below:

Sorry it seems confussing. I edited so it makes sense. I didn't meant to say "send a "request" to cancel" but that the buyer requests to cancel the order because there is an issue with his address.

In these cases I did choose the cancel reason as "buyer requested or there is a problem with the buyer's address but these cases didn't close immediately and my fees have not been refunded, if the right thing happened I wouldn't be writting this message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)