cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow eBay web site

Posted above problem earlier today. Someone responded to clear cache & cookies; then reboot. Did nothing for problem. Now I don't see how to find original message to let them know. My system is not just slow, things can take 3-4 minutes to finally load. Only on eBay; no other site is a problem for me. I can click on an item; after about 20 seconds I get a message saying page is unresponsive. Will eventually load, but may be up to 3-4 minutes.

????

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Very slow eBay web site

An alternative ad blocker (possibly in combination with an alternative browser) may work better for you and still allow you to avoid ads, though I can certainly understand if you do not want to have to go through every possible permutation to find one that works.

Aside from Ad Block and Ad Block Plus, there are also uBlock Origin and AdGuard as well as others.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Very slow eBay web site

What browser are you using? Is it the latest version?

Any difference if you use another browser?

I have seen several similar complaints in the last day, though I have not noticed any slowdown.

Are you using an ad blocker? Any difference with or without?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Very slow eBay web site

Morning. This seems very strange to me, but it is my ad blocker. If I turn it off, everything seems as before. Turn it back on and "page unresponsive" message returns.  Is eBay doing this to force us to look at ads? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Very slow eBay web site

I doubt it is anything intentional on eBay's part.

I use an ad blocker and have not noticed any slowdown, so not every ad blocker or filter subscription necessarily causes a problem.

Try disabling individual filter subscriptions or custom filters -- perhaps one filter rule is suddenly proving to be computationally expensive as the result of a change in the filter or a change on eBay.

I typically use Ad Block Plus along with an EasyList subscription, and a handful of custom rules.

If you are using plain Ad Block (not the Plus version), try disabling the "Anti-circumvention filter" option; that option has caused problems in the past related to sponsored listings, and I typically disable it when using Ad Block.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Very slow eBay web site

Thanks for the effort.  No luck though. I have disabled adblock just for eBay and all seems ok. Maybe I won't see too many ads.🤔

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Very slow eBay web site

An alternative ad blocker (possibly in combination with an alternative browser) may work better for you and still allow you to avoid ads, though I can certainly understand if you do not want to have to go through every possible permutation to find one that works.

Aside from Ad Block and Ad Block Plus, there are also uBlock Origin and AdGuard as well as others.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply