cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNFAIR eBay Seller Rating on Tracking

I sold an item, ordered USPS pick up, thankfully, as the confirmation of pick up on 11/28/17 was the only document I had showing USPS had posession of the (expensive item). I signed up for tracking but until today, the only thing that showed up was that a label had been created. I have spent an INORDINATE, amount of time speaking (waiting on hold for hours) with main USPS, local branches who would have gotten the package, and reporting each step to the buyer while trying to calm my panic that they had lost the package. Many years ago USPS damaged an expensive ($1200) item and refused to honor the insurance I had bought. I was very afaid this could happen. No matter what, a package that should have been delivered within a day or two was not to be found. USPS does not allow you to make a missing mail claim for 5 days. I was finally able to get the claim to go through at 3:49 AM Monday, 12/4/17. If you note the time, I even got up in the middle of the night to check for tracking #9405809699937122285941, I was so worried.  

This morning I received notice the package had been delivered. This is the ONLY tracking information USPS entered. Their failure to enter tracking information affected my Seller's rating with eBay. This is grossly unfair. Not only did I have no control over USPS's entry of tracking, I was caused a great deal of harm by their failure. For eBay to inflict residual harm on me for what the post office did is not right. 

I hope somene with eBay sees this. There is no convenient way to contact them or send this feedback.

Thanks, Kathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)