cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's okay, i have nothing better to do...

it's not like i have a job, or a family, or anything, so when the opportunity came along to HAVE TO CHECK EVERY ONE OF MY LISTINGS to see if 'immediate payment' was [still] selected, i was so happy to have something useful to do. And it's one of those nasty sunny spring days, too - best to stay inside and work on eBay stuff, you bet..

When/why did this change? 'Immediate Payment' was the default - why change it? And why remove it on those listing where it was selected?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I haven't experienced this. How do you list items? Do you use Sell Similar or do you start listing from scratch?

Is this happening to all your items? How did you discover it?

If you have a problem with multiple items, I would recommend you use Bulk Edit to restore the setting to all items rather than go through them one by one.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

hi & thanks -

i use 'create listing -> single listing' almost exclusively. never before have i had a 'buy it now' where i had to worry about how 'immediate payment' was set - it was just on (maybe i had set it somewhere, but it unset somehow). i started getting buyers not paying immediately so i checked, and not only does it appear to be off by default, but several listings that were already enabled had it switched off.

this could easily be user error on my part, but it never used to require that i manually select immediate payment.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Since other members aren't reporting this problem, what I think may have happened is that you accidentally unchecked the box when you were creating a listing. Then the next listing used the defaults from the previous listing and so on until several of your items ended up with the IPR turned off.

As I mentioned, you can bulk edit changes to multiple listings at once. You may have already corrected all your listings, but in the future, you can use bulk edit to revise multiple items at once.

If you haven't used bulk edit before, in your Seller Hub Active items list, select the listings you want to change (or check the box above the list to select all listings) and then click Edit. That will open the bulk edit page and just go from there...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is and always has been off by default.   However eBay does impose its own version of IPR on BINs that meet its criteria (main difference is that the "Request a total" from the buyer's Cart is allowed with eBay's version but not if the seller enabled it in the listing since the buyer has to commit to request one).  So your prior items may have met the criteria for eBay's versions and the new ones don't, or you may have just been lucky and gotten honest buyers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply