cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS: Kiisin' it goobye...

I got an email today from eBay. Apparently they just figured out I lost my TRS status that I had held the past 3 years because I treat my customers with decency and respect, I own my mistakes and work hard at customer service. But when they changed the way "late shipments" were counted, well. I did not quite measure up. 3.2% of my packages were "late shipments." Because they used ex post facto tracking data and applied the new guidelines.  I have 1 cancelled order in the past 12 months. Otherwise my seller record is perfect. So is my feedback. 

The problem is, I am disabled. I am on permanent disability. I have had to rely entirely upon carrier pickup for the past 2 years. The "late shipments were all after  postal carrier I had for 20 something years retired last fall and we had subs for several months, they do our route after they finish their own so the mail delivery for a while was coming as late as 8 pm.  MOST, but not all, of the time my scheduled pickups were picked up. But an item that sold and was paid between when I shutdown & 11:59pm the previous day would be put out an not picked up probably half of the time. . And yes, there were a couple days that i just did not feel well enough to print labels & pack stuff up. Since I sell 30-40 items per month, that is about 1 "late" shipment per month. If I had 2 a month, SOL. If it were affecting my buyers at all I would understand but most praise me for the speed that shipments arrive and how I follow misrouted shipments for them. 

I decided it was not worth the bother. So I changed most of my lustings to 2 business day processing and cut my reurn period to 14 days (30 days is dumb anyway.)

I busted butt to build my seller rating with outstanding customer service. But because I am disabled, I am at the mercy of the usps and my health. This seems unfair to smalker sellers when I see sellers with 6 figure fb scores who get more negatives for sloppy service or predatory sales practices than I get total feedback in a month. But they are "Top Rated" because they have a drop ship arrangement with a warehouse.

My question is, why does ebay not try to assist sellers like me instead of penalizing us for things we cannot control. Why does eBay not make allowances for sellers you have health conditions and disabilities. Not asking for an unfair advantage, but eBay seems to have become just another corporation with no sense of social responsibility or loyalty to loyal customers (seller are customers, not buyers. Buyers do not pay eBay a dime. It all comes out of sellers' pockets.) 

Does eBay not make any allowances for single person sellers who are disabled and have no options? And why are they wagging the TRS thing at m Ed now? It has been 5 months. I decided I was not going to kill myself trying to get it back. But they sent me a message today (that I have no way of replying to directly) dangling it in front of me again after I had moved on. They had to stir it up again. 

Ok said my peace. But I would like to know about sellers with bonafide disabilities.  Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)