cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Scam

Last Edited 05-22-2018 03:51:16 AM

I had an item listed for $12.95, shipping cost started at $16.38. I recieved payment of $12.95 only and for over a week e-bay posted in notifications "Awaiting Payment". Finally I contacted the buyer asking for shipping payment and the run-around began. The buyer said he would be glad to pay but didn't know how and asked me to find a way. I offered numerous options but with each the buyer said "nope", didn't or wouldn't work. I was becoming annoyed. The buyer called my home (glad I wasn't home) leaving a message of what to ask of e-bay. It was double speak. I did talk to e-bay and it was suggested that the easiest way was to go through PayPal and ask the buyer to send the money to my account. I told the buyer this and was told he hadn't had access to his Yahoo account in some time (the e-mail he used to pay for the item) so that wouldn't work. I had already sent the request. An hour later I went back to PayPal and saw that the payment was pending. I wrongly assumed that the money was there and just needed to be processed, (WRONG!), I shipped the item. When I got home a new message from the buyer was asking for my physical address so a money order could be sent. I didn't respond to this reqest. Instead, I send reminders through PayPal. After each reminder I get a message from the buyer telling me what he is not going to do. The buyer has access to e-mail and PayPal even though he says he does not. I fear because I shipped I'm left with no recourse. Here's the scam as I see it. Pay only for the item and not shipping, then sit back and wait to fall through the cracks of the Seller's shuffle, maybe the Seller will ship without noticing. If the Seller notices, the buyer dodges for days waiting for the Seller to become annoyed and say here just keep the item, wanting to move on. My mistake in all this was not contacting e-bay soon enough and shipping the item so I could move on. Do I have any recourse in all this and do I or should I leave a scathing review of this buyer to warn others? Here is the text of the last message: The buyer has NOT paid for shipping.

I ve contacted eBay/Paymal, after your last text, and again at no avail, like always. I m not contacting these anymore. I m not offering a M O anymore;and I m not gonna make a bank transfer, or the like. I bought the item, paid both charges, item and S / H , 12,95 + 24,73. Total of 37,68. I want to pay you. You judge me like going to steal. I m not, maybe you do so because you think that way. I m not gonna wait for too long

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)