cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Options

I ship priority flat rate medium boxes. With the change of shipping options that no longer exist as an option. I’ve selection priority mail to ship and put the box size. I’m now starting to get charged weeks later for the type of box i use like it’s a selection option but it’s not. Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shipping Options

@trailhound_mugs 

I am not exactly clear as to what the issue is. Are you using Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate boxes and buying Priority Mail Medium Flat labels? Or are you buying regular priority mail labels based on weight and box size and then putting those on the Flat Rate boxes?

The latter option sounds like what you have done. If so then you will be charged any difference in the price between the label you purchased and the Medium Flat Rate box price.

When you set up the shipping on your listing you have to enter a box size smaller than the Flat Rate box you are using for the option to be available. eBay made a change related to setting up listings with certain types of packaging. If you want to use a specific Priority Mail flat rate package on your listing you must enter specific dimensions which correspond to the dimensions of the package.

When package dimensions entered exceed the programmed dimensions the form will not show you those shipping options when setting up your listing.

To access these services, enter the following package dimensions:

USPS Flat Rate Envelopes: 12 x 9 x 1
USPS Small Flat Rate Box: 8 x 5 x 1
USPS Med Flat Rate Box: 14 x 12 x 3
USPS Large Flat Rate Box: 12 x 12 x 6
eBay Standard Envelope: 11 x 6 x 0.25

You do not need to enter the package dimensions on the shipping label page when you purchase as the default is 1x1x1 and should show all the options.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 2
latest reply