cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Fee Adjustment Errors

Shipping Adjustment Errors:

Yesterday I received 2 eBay messages stayed that “I” had provided incorrect information and the carrier is making adjustments and withdrawing my money from Bank.

I knew ASAP that FedEx was wrong and would be taking my money without cause.  They offered no easy method to dispute before money was “stolen” from me.

I then spent 2 to 3 hours trying to prevent this. It took so long because I needed to find all my evidence proving they were in error.  This was hard to do because the details of the errors provided by eBay were difficult to understand and made no sense; hence why incorrect adjustments were made.  Also, every suggested method to dispute this adjustment with FedEx was incorrect, and not available.  I had to compile all the facts, and data to organize it so that I could clearly communicate their mistakes.  For example.  I sent a 10lbs package via FedEx home delivery.  They said despite me indicating it weighed 10 lbs, they reported it actually weighted 24 lbs and made an astronomical cash adjustment.  This was even made more complicated because their data also indicated that the product was only 6 lbs and it was indicated that I said 24 lbs.  If this was true it would made a credit to my account not a withdrawal.  Another package’s weight was reported to be 2.0 lbs.  o indicated it was exactly 1.92 lbs.  They then made an adjustment of apx $42.00 for .08 Ibs variance.  

I had no success with filing a dispute.  Therefore I started to investigate a method to correct errors again this morning.  I finally gave up and tried to research EBay Menu options.  I finally arrived at one page with a small notice indicating everything that happened was due to FedEx labeling errors and any customer impacted would be refunded.

Well that’s great but it is after I spent apx 3 hours with extreme frustration of my own time already trying to resolve only then being unsuccessful.  If eBay knew this was a massive error affecting FedEx customers on eBay why didn’t they just send a quick notice to all impacted.  That simple notice would of saved me many hours of high frustration on my own time.

Therefore I demand some sort of credit, or compensation, for all my wasted time resulting from their serious error, along with their lack of properly communicating this error despite them being aware it was an error.

eBay has made a tremendous amount of money from all my transactions and sales.  They are always finding new ways to charge me fees for everything.  We, the customers, are expected to follow exact rules, and policies.  Also, their billing, and fees, statements continue to be difficult to comprehend so I always just assume what they charged me is correct.  The information they provided regarding this particular error was very convoluted, and I could not find out exactly what was wrong resulting in the adjustments.  

Who can I clearly communicate my severe dissatisfaction with regarding the inability to simply communicate a dispute with eBay fees?Also I want to comment eBays lack of communication to customers possibly impacted by these errors.  Finally how do I let eBay know that I am expecting some sort of compensation for all my wasted time trying to communicate a serious issue on their end due to their lack of quickly informing me that all these adjustment notices I received with due to this discovered billing errors?

I am looking for some direction on this because I refuse to waste more of my time trying to find the answers.  I cannot even contact a customer service agent bc they are not available right now, or during the remainder of the daylight hours.  Considering the size and success of this company due to us, their customers, I believe this to be insane.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0