cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shill bidding victim?

So I noticed that I was outbid on an item and then I wasn't.  I went to look at the bid history and someone cancelled a higher bid than me, but not a lower one made just a few minutes earlier (by the same buyer),  causing my max bid price to be the auction close. (so far)  I then looked at all the sellers auctions and every single one (that has bids) was bid on by the same buyer at around the same time.  And in 2 instances,  that buyer cancelled bids to make the max bids the current price.  IE: This same buyer bumped the price up on all this seller's auctions and all at around the same time.  Checking the buyers stats it appears he's bid on nothing else from no one else today.  I don't feel that this is a coincidence but it's too late to retract my bid.  (I tried) The new price isn't that much higher, but I'm irked on the principle.    Should I call out the seller, or just let it go?   The auction closes in just over 7 hours. 

Also, I've had to cancel bids before, but when I do, every bid I've placed on an item is removed.  Not just the highest one (as in this instance) ....confused on that. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Fat lotta help this thing was.   I just paid it.  

Answers (0)