cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers who pretend to be in United States

Why there is absolutely no better venting for sellers who pretend to be US when they are overseas? I pay extra for items assuming that they are in U.S as they claimto be so I could reserve my purchase quickly but they're all lying and ebay seems not to care, so is this the norm of ebay?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Sellers who pretend to be in United States

@seattlebuysell1987 

Unfortunately, there is no easy way for eBay to catch the sellers unless they are reported.  

Be sure to report the seller using the report option on the listing.  Listing practices> other listing practices> item location misrepresentation. 

Since sellers in other countries do sometimes have warehouses in the US ebay does not know that the sellers are violating policy unless they are reported.

When shopping here are some tips for dealing with this problem: 

#1  Check the sellers feedback page to see what country they live in AND what the feedback they have received says.

#2 Never expect a package sooner than the last estimated delivery date. If the delivery time is very long then it's most likely coming from another country. 

#3 You can use the 4 days guaranteed delivery filter.  This, however, may stop you from seeing items from sellers in the US that have delivery times that are a bit longer. 

#4 If you do make a purchase from a seller that lies about their location you are covered by the ebay MBG.  
https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returns-missing-items-refunds-buyers?id=4008&st=2&p...

When the item is at least one day late you can file a refund request for item not received. 

OR if the item arrives you can file an item not as described refund request.  Reason doesn't match pictures or description.  Item location misrepresentation. 

The seller will need to send the money to pay return shipping to your paypal account.  

Returns to China must be shipped using PRIORITY MAIL as there is no 1st class delivery confirmation.  The tracking number must be entered into the request. 

IF the seller does not respond to a request then you ask ebay to step in and help after 4 business days. 
https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/ask-ebay-to-step-in?id=4701

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply