cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller wont cancel transaction after item confirmed NOT AUTHENTIC. What can I do?

I recently bid on a possible cannonball from a seller. I have been buying and selling here for years and have never had a problem like this. I placed my bid to secure my spot, and waited  for my expert to authenticate the cannonball through photos. The auction ended with just my one bid. I received an email before I completed checkout from my expert, and he guaranteed me this is a cast iron decoration from a fence post, not a cannonball. I contacted the seller to please cancel ASAP. All I got was a reply saying,"Thanks for wasting my time." I wrote back again to try and get the transa tion cancelled, but it was too late at that point. Now I have an unpaid item case open against me and my ONLY option appears to be to "PAY NOW". Can I not add to this case, the fact the item is not authentic? Am I just going to have to complete the purchase and go through the return process? That would be terrible because the shipping is about $15 on this item. I just want the quickest resolution without having to purchase a non authentic item... I feel eBay would agree with me. It's easier to cancel now rather than pay, have the seller ship, report the item as not authentic and wait for Ebay to decide on the case and pay all the shipping etc. Where are my options to reply to the case? I have reached out to the seller, I need to contact eBay. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Where can I find a contact email for eBay? My search for contact info led me here. I figured someone may know. Thanks for any help!

Jim Brown

Bonez Customs and Collectables 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Seller does list it as a cannonball, which if it isn't, is not as described and seller will have to pay for the return shipping.  You would think notifying the seller of this, he would want to cancel rather than pay for a return, unless he has proof to the contrary. 

Answers (0)