cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller “block” my account after I sent a message asking if the item i’m interested in is authentic

Hello, was wondering if others have encountered with this issue before? I saw an item i’m interested in, so I sent a message to seller asking if the item is authentic or not. The seller responded it is. So i was going to buy it.. but wasnt able to check out. Everytime i tried, i got a message saying “the seller isnt accepting bids or offers from you”

Was it wrong to send a message and asking

the authenticity? Seems like I was blocked because I questioned the authenticity?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seller “block” my account after I sent a message asking if the item i’m interested in is authentic

Hi @adisoeda-0  Sellers can block anyone for any reason, and they aren't required to explain why.  It wasn't wrong to ask a question, but questioning the authenticity would cause concern. Sellers aren't allowed to sell counterfeit items.

If there's anything about a listing that makes you question the item's authenticity, then don't buy it. 

If a seller blocks you it's best to move on, as that's not a seller you'd want to buy from anyway.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @adisoeda-0  Sellers can block anyone for any reason, and they aren't required to explain why.  It wasn't wrong to ask a question, but questioning the authenticity would cause concern. Sellers aren't allowed to sell counterfeit items.

If there's anything about a listing that makes you question the item's authenticity, then don't buy it. 

If a seller blocks you it's best to move on, as that's not a seller you'd want to buy from anyway.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi @adisoeda-0 

Since selling a counterfeit item is a felony in most places … asking if an item is authentic is just a bit less audacious than asking it was stolen.

There might be a way to ask about authenticity without upsetting the seller … but I haven’t come up with the wording yet.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@adisoeda-0 wrote:

Hello, was wondering if others have encountered with this issue before? I saw an item i’m interested in, so I sent a message to seller asking if the item is authentic or not. The seller responded it is. So i was going to buy it.. but wasnt able to check out. Everytime i tried, i got a message saying “the seller isnt accepting bids or offers from you”

Was it wrong to send a message and asking

the authenticity? Seems like I was blocked because I questioned the authenticity?

No, it was not wrong to question the seller.

Sellers can block users for any reason (or no reason at all). It isn’t a violation to do so. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 4 of 4
latest reply