cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller behavior

First let me say that for years I've purchased countless items on eBay and have never once had a problem with any the products or especially any of the sellers! I have always promptly paid and never given a negative feed back on anything I've ever purchased! I've never even had to contact eBay regarding anything! But I was bidding on an item today that was described as a "Smart Home Security Camera System with 3HD Wireless Cameras NIB!" meaning New In Box. I actually had the winning bid with only about 10 minutes left. However, as I'm watching the bidding count down, I start looking over everything again and found in another part of the listing under 'item description' it says it's a new system but the seller did not have the box. Now I understand it's partly my fault for not checking EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of the listing prior to even bidding but I thought that as a rule eBay you have to list a product you're selling exactly as it is. My concern I had with the no box thing is that if it was, in fact, a new system then why wouldn't the seller have the box for it? So I messaged the seller and politely said I'd like to retract my bid as the product was not described accurately. This what it says to do on the eBay bidding policies and rules. Please keep in mind there was another bidder whose bid was literally $5 lower than mine. The seller's response to me was "that's not my fault you should have read everything that has nothing do with me its not fair to everyone else". Honestly, I felt that the response was a little rude but still did not cross any major lines. I contacted eBay and explained my concerns with the product being sold and was told that if the listed product did not list certain details then the seller is the one at fault NOT the buyer. I (again politely) explained this to him and the response I got was "good luck with that, it was your choice you made the choice". I told him that as a seller that's really professional. I understand I was sarcastic with my response but after the previous messages I could see I wasn't going to be able to have an intelligent conversation with him. His response to me was  "Please stop I'm not going to ask you again you do not know me you do not want to know this is my last time asking you nicely to stop don't let me have to do what I need to do please stop".  I'm not sure how to take that statement. What does the threat of "you don't know me you don't want to know" and "don't let me have to do what I need to" mean? If he had simply explained ANY reason why there no box or that it was actually a used product, I may have still purchased the item dependent on his explanation. But I'm thinking if he's acting like this already how would he have acted if there was a problem with the system or shipment? I just feel it's inappropriate for any seller to act this way towards buyers or perspective buyers. I would love to hear some of your thoughts on this issue. From anyone except for the seller - bunard1! I've heard all I care to hear from you today! Perhaps I'm in the wrong for feeling he should have been more professional with his responses. 

But at the same time if I'm being nice/courteous to you I expect the same return.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)