cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Level

Okay, I have to learn everything the hard way. My store consists of low dollar items that I don't think is worth paying for tracking. I've been hit with quite a few "item not recieved cases" since I started. Everything that I ship has a return address in case the package doesn't make it to the destination. Most of the time I have just been sending refunds for the cases to never see the package come back. I am estimating that about 1 in 3 of the items not received have actually made it back to the return address. I was hit with 2 in one week and decided to not send any refunds. Ebay had to step in and sent the refund, so it counted against my seller level? It seems that a refund is the only real outcome in these cases since I am unable to prove the buyer has the package. I am now below standard and have seen the store traffic and sales drop off a cliff. What would you do to increase your seller level? And besides adding tracking, what else can I do to prevent these cases?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Seller Level

There is no way to prevent the false not received claims other than tracking.

Unresolved cases count against your seller seller - only that and cancelling transactions can cause you to be below standard.

The only way to get back to above standard is to sell more.  You need to sell more than you sold 12 months ago, so that your 12 month sales go up with no new defects.  That brings your defect % down.  Go to your dashboard, open the month breakdown to see the oldest month that will roll off - that is the month you need to beat.  You can calculate how many more sales you need to get below 2%.  https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

Instead of offering 20% off, use the BOGO sale tool - buy one, get one 40% off would get you the same $, but it gets you 2 items sold instead of 1. Think in terms of increasing items sold.  Also try sending coupons to past buyers.

Good luck!

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Seller Level

Sorry, if you don't use tracking, there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

Tracking is about the only protection we have.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply