cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of item damaged in shipping

The buyer contacted me before she received the item, but after shipping stating that she wanted verification she was going to receive two mirrors. Part of the listing read “Lot 2 EUC” which was something on the box. My pictures clearly showed one mirror and I offered to give back her $5 bid if she returned the item to me. She made a complaint to eBay and left negative feedback. Next she said the item hadn’t arrived so I gave eBay the tracking information and it showed up a few days later. Now she claims it was received broken and wants a full refund. Is this legit? Shouldn’t she have to make a claim at the post office since it was insured under their terms?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If I were the buyer, I would have thought I was getting 2 mirrors.  It is what Lot of 2 means on Ebay.  Your wording was only slightly different and I think it is what caused the confusion.  So you need to understand this so it doesn't happen again.

The buyer has already given you a negative feedback that you can't get removed.  

I wouldn't concern myself with refunding the buyer unless they contacted me again.  Then because it really was a badly worded listing, you might just want to refund them as it is going to cost you more to have them return the item to you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

If I were the buyer, I would have thought I was getting 2 mirrors.  It is what Lot of 2 means on Ebay.  Your wording was only slightly different and I think it is what caused the confusion.  So you need to understand this so it doesn't happen again.

The buyer has already given you a negative feedback that you can't get removed.  

I wouldn't concern myself with refunding the buyer unless they contacted me again.  Then because it really was a badly worded listing, you might just want to refund them as it is going to cost you more to have them return the item to you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 2
latest reply