cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking shows delivered, item not received, seller wins case !?

circuitrade
Adventurer

The seller sent out the product and tracking showed "Delivered in / at mailbox." Shipping took 1 day, according to tracking. After several days, I check eBay wondering where the order is, only to find that information given by the tracking #. I message the seller and inform about the incident, but I receive no reply. 2 days later, seller replies being childish and very unprofessional. At this point, I still have not filed an eBay request. Next message I get is "I'm going to open a case AGAINST YOU." In return, I finally message him telling him that since he is being uncooperative, I opening a request with eBay. I open an "item not received" request and wait for a reply. He replies to my request with the copy of the message that he sent me earlier. Then, I receive an email stating "eBay seller has contacted customer support." 10 minutes after that, eBay closes the case stating "customer has provided tracking # that shows delivery. Case is closed in favor of seller."

I have remained patient and professional the entire time ignoring his name calling, pointing out a stereotype against my city, "you're an idiot ... *my_city_name*. No wonder," and making fun of the fact that he won the case. I can post our messages if that would help, but I'll refraim from doing that unless necessary.

In short, I just want to know eBay's policy on unreceived items. I am confused because I am a seller on Amazon, and if this happened with one of my buyer's, they would win the case. Amazon states that "a tracking number does not guarantee delivery. Please consider signature confirmation or purchase of insurance against loss/damage." Is this the same with eBay? If I am right, what should I do next?

View Entire Topic

eBay's policy is that it is the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer in as described condition.

Tracking showing it has been delivered satisfies this obligation. 

If the buyer hasn't actually received the item, they won't win an item not received case.

They should check with their neighbors, housemates, PO, & mail carrier (or UPS, FedEx, if applicable).

eBay & Paypal only require Signature Confirmation if the payment amount was $750 or more.

Sorry that your seller was so unprofessional.