cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Refund thru eBay, not just Paypal

I'M A SELLER (tortugascuba) ! I'm finding eBay Customer Service to be as worthless as **bleep** on a board ! I make it a policy to issue partial refund, When the shipping calculator charges my buyers grossly too much for shipping. If the excess charge is less than $5, its not a problem. Lately, to due to a postage rate structure change (not just a price hike), I've had to make partial refunds of $13 and $28, in the last month. eBay make a percentage of the total (Price+Shipping), so they have no incentive, to make a simple change. Just allow the seller to make partial refunds, thru the eBay site. This kills two birds with one stone. It adjust their fees (if their "script kiddie" excuse of programmers knew what code looks like) and they could monitor and make sure its legit. They could request corroborating data from Paypal, and also make sure the refund is routed properly. But, no, the eBay customer service rep had no clue, and I bet eBay management is glad about that. Trying to fine tune the shipping calculator is a pain, which I should not have to deal with. If I could correct it after the fact (ie partial refund), that would greatly simplify things. Maybe if a class action attorney is reading this, he or she, can point me to the appropriate lawsuit, or start a whole new one. This doesn't look like honest business on eBay's side.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)