cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Back Guarantee vs Packages Arriving Late

Some of my packages that I buy arrive 1 to 2 months late at most. One of my packages never arrived after 2 months past the eta then I messaged the seller about the status of my package. The seller told me it got lost in the shipping and told me to ask ebay to do a refund. I can't do a refund in this scenario with ebay's guarantee and my seller wont cooperate unless ebay does something about it. What do I do? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@mmmsmi-10 

On which site do you buy? The rules of that eBay site counts.

Buying on your eBay site? Start for help here: https://ocsnext.ebay.ph/ocs/home

-----

This message applies for buyers who purchase on ebay.com.

Buyers are protected by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. They can ask the seller for a refund if an item doesn’t show up. Some sellers may also be able to send you a replacement. If you buy internationally with a long delivery period, a replacement is not a good idea.

So, check if the latest estimated delivery date has passed.

Then you have maximum 30 days for letting the seller officially know. A few days after doing that, you can ask eBay to step in, if it’s still not solved.

So, it's a two step procedure.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It exceeded 30 days since some (like 40% of the time) of my packages arrive late so I thought its just a normal occurrence like the previous package before this particular one came in 70ish days late. I already went to ebay's customer support (its a bot and I'd preferably want a person to talk to in this situation) and they cant help me with this since it exceeded a month.

PS. I bought my package internationally and have been buying from the same seller since January 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mmmsmi-10 

You have only 30 days for eBay's buyer protection. 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date. That is if you bought while you were on ebay.com and probably also if you bought while you were on ebay.ph.

If you pay with Paypal you have 180 days. If you use a credit card, the company offers help too.

Paying with Paypal is the best for you. Then you are free to give a seller more time.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

So its really up to the seller then? I paid using a credit card too so I'm in a pinch in this case huh? The seller is great and responsive but is uncooperative in this case. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No, it's up to you. You can file a claim for an item not received. Through eBay, or Paypal or your CCC.

On eBay and Paypal you can ask eBay or PP to step in to force a resolution, if the seller is not cooperative.

It's a two step procedure.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply