cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missusing returns, feedback extortion, now eBay allowing duplicate claim?

Had a buyer purchase an item, day after receipt sent me a photo of what looked like my item with significant damage, I offer 30 day free returns, no questions, he however demanded a significant partial or full refund with no mention of returning "my" item.  Called eBay, without return I have no obligation to refund, respond, explain how ebay works to another seller or be bullied by a photo that may or may not be the item I shipped into outside of the return system doing anything.  Waited for return to be opened, received 3 weeks later another message, called ebay and again they agreed, until item is received and verified that they are returning my item, which the buyer is unwilling or un-wanting to return for some reason, just want's pretty much a full refund and keep item.  Ebay said "wait"

38 days after delivery confirmation buyer opens SNAD, not within my 30 day window, not within ebays buyer protection policy window, given several options, decline, accept return, offer partial refund or just refund buyer and let them keep item.  I again called ebay as the buyer in the return stated "requested a significant credit or a refund of my money... If I don t hear back, I will have no other choice but to leave negative feedback"  Reported buyer for feedback extortion and declined return with no recourse from ebay.  Buyer of course allowed to leave negative feedback, which they told me he would not, called, they said it would be removed, it was not, which now ebay is saying without speaking to me on phone, new ebay, they just send you automated messages or emails explaining that due to covid they don't have people answering phones, weird I hear kids and dogs when I call so I know the CS reps are sitting at home as they did before covid.

Now the biggest thing that baffles me after being forced to switch to managed payments, paypal would have shut this down immediately.  I after the feedback 3 days after SNAD case denied now have funds on hold as ebay has allowed the buyer through paypal which everyone still uses to make payments on ebay, a chargeback.

However ebay states...."Using other programs to address a concern. Buyers can't use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (eBay Money Back Guarantee, PayPal Purchase Protection, or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use only that process to resolve the transaction issue. If a buyer requests a chargeback from their payment provider or files a PayPal Purchase Protection dispute, any requests opened through eBay for the same transaction are immediately closed."

So far none of what is stated on ebays website is being followed by their CS reps and earlier was on phone with managed payment rep and he told me something 3 different ways I asked him which was correct and he hung up on me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)