cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MALWARE PROGRAM HIT ON AN EBAY LISTING

Hello all, has anyone encountered a malware hit when viewing an eBay listing?  This is the first time I have ever had that happen.  I was in eBay searching for carved crystals and saw an interesting one so I clicked on the listing and it came up but so did my malware program warning.  The seller is located in China so I thought I would ask if anyone has encountered this too.  I'd like to let eBay know but don't see a good way to do it.  I did wan to let others know.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay does not allow sellers to include any active content in item descriptions by actively screening, so it is unlikely that a seller could inject any sort of malware into a listing.

It may be a false positive, or something else not on the page triggering the warning.

If you think there is something suspicious about the listing, you can use the Report item link in the body of the listing to report it, or else report the seller directly here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicId=4850

If the seller is registered in China, you will get a form letter response in Chinese that basically says that eBay will look into it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you very much!  I will give that a try.  Hope you have a great rest of the weekend. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are very welcome -- you, too!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply