cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long lag time before shipping

As someone who has been buying and selling since the late 1990s on ebay, I have to say that 2021 has been the year of the long lag time to ship items. I ship within one business day when I sell. But for the items I purchase, which are mostly small like postcards or photos, the ship time has been increasing this year to 1-3 weeks. This excludes sellers announcing a vacation date. If you are selling a postcard and I pay essentially immediately and then you can't send the item for 16 days, you need to address how you're doing business.

Reading comments on the community on buyers taking long to pay or not even paying, it seems that ebay has a new group of users that assume you can just do what you want. "Oh, I won. Yeah, I'm not interested in paying now." "You won; pay me, pay me, pay me. Thanks. I only go the post office on Mondays and will ship in 17 days. I have a long driveway." Yes, that's one excuse I've heard.

It's a changed community of users now.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Long lag time before shipping

The pandemic was the excuse used in 2020 for the long delays in transit times due to workers being sick.  During that time, ebay was transitioning sellers into Managed Payments.  These sellers were used to receiving payments via Paypal, who credited them right away, but that is not how Adyen works, so many sellers would not ship until they actually received the payment into their checking accounts.  I am guessing that is what is happening.  If that is the case, those sellers need to change their handling times so buyers have a more accurate idea of when their items should be arriving.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 2
latest reply