cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Negative Feedback for a Buyer

Had a buyer ghost me after winning an auction.  Sent an invoice and two messages.  Investigating the buyer I found out they bid on the item even though it was local pick up only and they live 2000 miles away.

How can I leave negative feedback for the buyer even though I've relisted the item?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You don't, what you do is cancel the transaction for non-payment and give buyer a strike on his account.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@mgcannondale 

It hasn't been possible to leave negative fb for buyers for over a decade.

They have 4 full days to pay, if they haven't paid by day 5 then cancel with "buyer didn't pay" and they get an unpaid purchase strike on their account. Sellers can block buyers with 2 or more strikes in 12 months.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sellers can't leave negative (or neutral) feedback for buyers because too many sellers were using the threat of negative retaliation to discourage less than positive feedback from buyers no matter how warranted it was. And then if the threat wasn't enough, they would leave a scathing negative feedback for the buyer and seek a "mutual withdrawal." Since accurate and honest feedback for the seller is so much more important than for the buyer (all buyers have the ability to examine the seller's feedback profile before anything happens, while the seller is seldom able to do so and there are issues with taking action after the fact) eBay did away with negative and neutral feedback for buyers in 2008 and banned getting around that by leaving a negative comment on a positive rating.

On the other hand the Buyer Requirement that blocks those with 2 or more strikes in the past 12 months (or the more lenient settings available) acts automatically to block bids, offer, and BINs from serial deadbeats (IF their sellers used the proper unpaid item process) and so is far more effective than expecting to be able to react to feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply