cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Shipments/Small Volume Seller - does it really matter?

Since I am not a Top Rated Seller as I am merely an eBay hobbyist (not that sellers who do eBay professionally do not have my utmost respect and admiration - they do!) I was curious if late shipment rates really affect me then. Here's the situation; I underestimated my handling time HOWEVER all of my buyers are 100% okay with the  current shipping timeline. In matter of fact, they are thrilled that I am getting their purchases to them so quickly and clearly I have been in contact with my buyers regarding said shipping timelines. However, ultimately, my seller dashboard will reflect at least one if not two late shipments. But does this really make a difference for a seller at my level? Also, please save your berating comments; I now understand how to better indicate slower handling times and hey, we all have to start somewhere and learn from our mistakes. The most important thing to me is that I have happy buyers so even if my "late shipment" rate takes a huge jump due additionally to the fact that I am such a low volume seller, therefore making my evaluation period 12 months rather than 3, I do not think it really makes a difference. Am I correct in viewing it this way? Once again, I understand that timely shipping (and estimates) are the best practices to always employ; I made a mistake. 

Additionally, I show two late shipments from many months ago despite showing tracking, etc. being uploaded on time and it was for items with free shipping and when I looked more carefully at the full tracking history it appears as though there were postal delays beyond my control. I received positive feedback for one of the transactions I believe so even if a buyer indicates that they received their shipment on time, I guess that does not negate a late shipment "ding" from eBay, is this correct?

Thank you for any additional, constructive insight that you may be able to share with me from your experience. I appreciate these forums as they are very informative and I applaud the successes so many of you continue to enjoy from selling on eBay. I aspire to continue to improve, even if I am such a tiny part of this awesome marketplace.

Best regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)