cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item shown as not delivered

Item shown as not delivered but the funds received from buyer. I packaged up the product and sent to buyer. Found that I had taken care of this when it was originally ordered.  I don't know how to get in contact with anybody at eBay, Can you help me?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you use an ebay label or otherwise upload the tracking to ebay?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ebdlcooley  Did you ship with tracking?    If the buyer files a refund request stating an item is not received then you MUST provide tracking that shows delivery to the buyer.   

That is part of the eBay Money Back Guarantee, the seller is responsible for items arriving safely and on time.

If you have to refund a buyer you can file a postal insurance claim if you used eBay shipping labels they all come with $100 insurance expect for media mail. 

When I see that a package is running late or "stuck" somewhere the first thing I do is sign up for text updates and let the buyer know that I am checking on the package and thank them for their patience. 

If the package is 5 days late then I file a missing mail search for it.  

I have had buyers tell me that they only were willing to wait longer for their item and not file a not received refund request because I kept them informed.  I have had packages go on weeks long "walk abouts" in the totally wrong direction and never had a buyer file a not received case. I always thank buyers for their patience and assure them that they will receive their item or a full refund. My buyers are always willing to wait for the item.  

IF a buyer DOES file a not received refund request you MUST refund them before eBay forces a refund from your account or you get a DEFECT and do not get your sellers fees back.  

If the package finally arrives then you can reach out to your buyer to repay you.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Buyer got the product last month but I got a notice that they have not received yet.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ebdlcooley.  Respond to the refund request with tracking that shows delivery and you win the case.    

If you didn't ship with tracking then you lose the case. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 5
latest reply