cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a ban on mohair?

I haven't looked for reborn doll supplies on Ebay for years but now that I need some "premium" mohair for restoring one of my dolls, I find I can't find product on Ebay that isn't shipping from the UK or France.  Doing a google search (in case of ghosting) just shows me listings for Alibaba or Etsy.  Is there some kind of ban that's been placed on North American sellers shipping mohair or is it just that suppliers of mohair have found it easier to deal on some other sites?  A little confused and a lot disappointed here.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@2_d-rafters 

Is this any better.  If not, I suspect the sellers are simply listing elsewhere...

I set the sidebar filter to US only and then searched "mohair reborn hair"

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mohair+reborn+hair&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

There appear to be only a couple of providers.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What type of mohair are you searching for?  Mohair yarn?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@2_d-rafters 

Try this search (not sure if it is "premium" or not):

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mohair+doll+hair&_sacat=0 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for taking the time.  I'm not looking for yarn but mohair suitable for rooting reborn dolls.  I find lots of wigs and antique dolls with existing hair but nothing on Ebay for my application unless the sellers are in the UK.  Just find it strange that all the North American sellers of this product are no longer on Ebay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks but I've tried every variation of search and it always shows up the same....... mohair for my doll making application is only available if I purchase from the UK.  Broad searches like the one you suggest show a lot (thousands) of antique dolls and mohair wigs but none of the individual hair hanks that are used to create reborn dolls.  I just find it strange that I can find it in North America on sites such as Etsy and specialized doll making web sites, but no longer on Ebay.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@2_d-rafters 

Is this any better.  If not, I suspect the sellers are simply listing elsewhere...

I set the sidebar filter to US only and then searched "mohair reborn hair"

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mohair+reborn+hair&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

There appear to be only a couple of providers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I don't know why it worked (your search words were the same as mine) but setting to US only did it for me.  I went from finding zero listings to 77 which were relevant.  Thanks so much!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply