cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping

Hello:  Ebay has said that you can't put multiple orders in the same package.  I think that's pretty clear.  But what about multiple items of the same kind?  I sell light weight fashion jewelry.  My average or normal package weights are usually 2, 3, or 4 ounces.  But the item only weighs in grams.  So recently an International buyer wanted 8 similar items from the same listing .  The shipping was outrageous.

What apparently happened was the shipping was calculated at 8 x 2 (ounces) or 16oz, or 1 pound.

When the Buyers see the shipping plus the affected custom fees and taxes they freak out and want to not complete the sale.  How can we get passed this.

This also happens if they Buyer doesn't use the shopping cart and they make two orders, which creates the need for two separate mailings.  Apparently eBay has over looked this type of unintended consequence.

Can you forward this situation to eBay?

Thanks 

trustblue127

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

International Shipping

While you can't combine separate purchases from different listings, you can ship multiple items from the same listing, or a group of different items sold as a lot from a single listing.

If there are different items from different listings, you need to cancel all and create a new listing for all the items to list as a lot to sell as a single transaction.

For multiple items from the same listing you normally would just set up the combine shipping rules to not just add the weights and either not charge for additional items or subtract some weight from the total so it more reflects the actual total weight of being shipped together.  However, I am not sure this works the same for EIS.  Will have to check this out or hope someone else comes along with the answer.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

International Shipping

I'll look into my combined shipping rules, which I probably have not done for years.

I'm thinking about putting up a new listing and advising International Buyers to Message me on eBay and tell me what they want and then I'll create a new listing as a Lot with a specific weight.

Of course we experienced Sellers know that a lot of Buyers don't read the Listings and just buy by Title and looking at a picture.  Especially those who buy on the IPhone.

trustblue127

Message 3 of 3
latest reply