cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been hacked

Hello Everyone.

Someone has hacked my account. I contacted an agent at ebay and though they were very friendly and courteous they were not able to help me. My ebay seller name is marks8635. I have been an ebay member for at least 10 years or more, I have sold/purchased approximately 90 items and O have a 100% approval rating. When I try to log in rather than bringing up marks8635 it brings up a bogus seller name of mashu9894 who joined ebay on February 8, 2024 (a week ago) whereas, again, I have been a member for at least ten years. Under the bogus mashu9894 it shows that I have no sales, no purchases, and no approval rating. Again, I was on a live chat conversation with an ebay agent but they could not help me. I do not want to create a whole new account because then I will lose my 100% approval rating, my items, my length of membership etc. If anyone can help me out it would be very deeply appreciated. Or, if anyone knows who mashu9894 is please let me know. Thanks so much everyone!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have been hacked

It appears you have recently created a new eBay account, perhaps inadvertently.

What happens when you sign out of this new account and sign back in to your old marks8635 account?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have been hacked

It appears you have recently created a new eBay account, perhaps inadvertently.

What happens when you sign out of this new account and sign back in to your old marks8635 account?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have been hacked

it will not let me sign in as marks8635. It will only sign me in as mashu9894.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have been hacked

it will not let me sign in as marks8635.

What won't let you?

What happens when you try? How far do you get, and what stops you?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have been hacked

It will let me sign in with my email address but in the "welcome" box at top left it always reads "welcome mashu9894" when it should say "welcome marks8635" just as it has for the past ten or more years. It signs me in as mashu9894 and shows that I did not join ebay unitil February 8 (a week ago) when I have in fact been an ebay member for more than ten years. It also shows my "approval rate" as "0" when in fact I have an approval rate of 100%. It also shows that I have no buy/sell history when in fact I have 90.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have been hacked

Instead of using your email address, use your marks8635 username to sign in.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have been hacked

I tried that. It does not work.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have been hacked

What is not working, exactly?

You enter your marks8635 username, and on the next page enter your password for that account, and what happens then?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply