cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting out of Dodge sellers and I suggest you all do the same.

Here is my issue fellow sellers on ebay.  I am leaving ebay because of the unfair and highly oddourous return policy that ebay has implimented.  Last  February I had a customer begin to message me about a truely lovely Victorian wirework bracelet with marcasites that was in my store. She was retired and begged me to lowwer the price for her so she could afford the item I finally did and then she began to lament that maybe it would not fit her wrist so I told her if it did not she could return it. Fine she paid for it 75 dollars and I sent it off. 5 days later she messaged me all happy it fit she was over the moon. great  everybody is happy. life goes on until the day before the fourteen days of my return are up and I get a message that there is a return in my future. I had never had a return before I am incredibly careful. so I look and she has sent that the bracelet is so intricat which it is and that was one reason she loved it sooooo very much tthat it catches on her sweaters and tears them. okay dont wear sweaters that are open weave when you wear this bracelet problem solved this is not a every day type of bracelet anyway thiw is a special ocasion type of a bracelet but if you save irt for special occaswions you cant get your money back what was I thinking!  I spent hours and I mean hour with my pnuemonia on the phone with ebay choughing and running a high fever and trying to strainghten this mess out, I have to say that many of the people did agree in theory with me but they had to follow the procedure they had to follow and that was cut in stone and in that path this woman ended up winning every time even though she was wrong and everhy one knew it.  finally I asked for ebay to step in and take over the case because I fugured I was going in the hospital. The took 2 minutes to find in her favor. Seriously.  When I told them I refused to send her a shipping lable they said it would come out of my store payment that month I said do it and I will close the store and leave for good see how much more money you ever make off of me.  When the bracelet arrived from her she had stuck it in a zip lock bag and put it in a box no bubble wrap no padding at all way to go sweet heart what a effort on your part. but what do I see???? there are not one not two not 3 but 4 missing marcasites on my high end  Victorian bracelet, I go to the phone and I call ebay and I tell them that I will not refund any money for a bracelet that is so horribly damaged and that can not be resold for the price that I sold if for to the  original buyer. The person on the other end of the line  was gone a long time and when they came back they said that ebay had agreed to pay the  refund to her out of thier own pocket I did not have to.  SO EBAY SELLERS JUMP ON THIS AND RUN WITH IT COPY THIS POST AND DEMAND THAT IF EBAY WANTS TO REFUND  TO ALL OF THESE DEAD BEATS THEN THEY SHOULD DO SO BUT THEY SHOULD DO IT OUT OF THEIR OWN PROFITS BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE ANY LEFT DUE TO THE STUPID RULES ABOUT REFUNDS THAT THEY CAME UP WITH. i HOWEVER HAVE DECIDED THAT i HAVE REALLY HAD IT WITH EBAY AND WILL BE LEAVING FOR GOOD. i AM LEAVING FOR A FAR BETTER SELLING VENUE AND WILL NEVER RETURN. ENJOY YOURSELVES IF YOU CAN BUT i SORT OF DOUBT IT  ITS BEEN REAL    BLUEHEELER309

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)