cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report apparent fraud by seller in item listing

How does one report likely seller fraud separate from issues of returns/refunds in the eBay help/contact system? In a current case that I've encountered, a seller is listing bamboo drink coasters that are badly warped, possibly seconds or just damaged goods, as if they are in new, good condition.  When brought to the seller's attention, a retun label was issued immediately with an apology, but there's no offer to replace them as if a mistake has been made, though they have more per the listing. That tells me they know what they're doing - it's easy enough to open the boxes to check - and by readily accepting the return and giving a refund upon receipt they are attempting to fly under the radar. The difficulty I as the buyer have in reporting this possible fraud online is that all the choices are tied to tranasaction issues. I tried using the violation of listing policies option, which is explicitly meant for other types of violations, and a few days later the only reply has come from PayPal, nothing from eBay. Which leaves me wondering how to report clear misrepresentation fraud within the eBay system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)