cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report a bidding violation?

Periodically, I've had bidders cancel their bids in violation of eBay's rule which require then to rebid immediately if they used the "bid wrong amount" reason for canceling. There used to be a way to report this behavior, but I can no longer find any way to do so.....  For what it's worth, late minute bid cancellations totally screw up auctions.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It seems that eBay got tired of actually doing something about invalid bid retractions about a decade ago.  The menu item for  the general public to report it on the "Report this item" menu got removed about then (and also the ability for the public to see the reason given so the removal of the link might be related to that; I'm not sure if there was a separate report link for the seller).  All that I am aware of that eBay has done (and if they were actually imposing sanctions on retractors at least some would have come here to complain and ask how to appeal or get around it) since then was to remove the "Unable to contact seller" reason and to eliminate retractions altogether in some trading card categories where "bid shielding" was getting out of hand.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

And now, a winning bidder (over $700) wants to cancel the auction, claiming he bid the wrong amount. And I can do nothing.....

Message 3 of 3
latest reply