cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High bidder refuses to pay. I want to cancel his bid and offer it to the next highest bidder

2020 Kawasaki Ninja

Item ID: 315284977412
Auction has ended.  High bidder refuses to pay.  I want to cancel his bid and offer it to the next highest bidder.  Can this be done?  Alternatively, can I relist and not have to pay the final value fee (since I was never paid)?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

High bidder refuses to pay. I want to cancel his bid and offer it to the next highest bidder

Sales of Motor Vehicles on eBay are subject to different rules.   You do not pay a "Final Value Fee" but rather a package up front that eBay gets the money for whether it sells or not.  Relisting would result in a new fee for the new listing.   And sales are not binding, either party can walk away, due to control of Motor Vehicle sales by the individual states.  I think you can still cancel for non-payment after 4 calendar days to settle the status of the transaction (e.g. to safely make a Second Chance Offer, see below), but it likely does not affect the buyer's buying status.

I don't know whether Second Chance Offer applies to Motor Vehicle auctions.  Check in your  list of sold items to see if there is a link to send an SCO to any of the losing bidders.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply